Selected Art Writing
Artdish, September 21, 2010
- Visual Arts Review: Western Bridge
Art that makes you think about its surroundings.
Seattle Weekly, June 2, 2010
- Visual Arts: Design Colony
SOIL sprawls across 11,000 square feet of vacant space in a Georgetown showroom.
Seattle Weekly, May 19, 2010
- Looking to Look
Isabelle Pauwels: Incredibly, Unbelievably/The Complete Ordered Field
Artdish, April 23, 2010
- YouTube Diffusion
Traveling to Iceland to study light. And Björk.
Seattle Weekly, January 27, 2010
- Itís In the Air Tonight
Arcade Journal, Spring 2010
- Books, Unbound
A soon-to-be cultural relic is savored, sculpted, and reclaimed.
Seattle Weekly, May 20, 2009
- Living on Art for 48 Hours
Stability tested our balance, and our relationship.
Seattle Weekly, April 15, 2009
- Desolation rules in 'Retail/Commercial'
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, March 5, 2009
- Seattle City Light sponsors seven art installations
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, February 12, 2009
- Kendall Buster's suspended plastic sheeting exudes layers of subtle complexity
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, January 29, 2009
- Can't Say No
At the Henry, one more reworking of one of the most-depicted events in art.
Seattle Weekly, December 16, 2008
- Storefront video installation works best in short, colorful bursts
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, December 11, 2008
- Cornish and SAM team up, and the result is more than meets the eye
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, November 13, 2008
- Beautiful 'Empty Quarter' floats colorful yet sobering messages
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, November 6, 2008
- Scott's Deputy Goes Stag
Dimensions shrink to two, but playfulness still abounds, as Lawrimore lets his gallery manager take over.
Seattle Weekly, February 20, 2008
- “Help Me, I'm Hurt” Is Painful
And that's just the point.
Seattle Weekly, October 31, 2007
- "Insubstantial Pageant Faded": Melting, Disappearing, Decaying
And having a great time doing it.
Seattle Weekly, October 2, 2007
- Stroking the Latest Threadbare Design From Lead Pencil Studio
More threadwork of solid architecture.
Seattle Weekly, May 23, 2007
- Query and Antiquary
Answering the intricate call of Dawn Cerny.
Seattle Weekly, April 18, 2007
- Shooting out the Foreground at the Northwest Biennial
Seattle Weekly, March 6, 2007